You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The best, user friendly gel system??
02-01-2012, 09:15 AM
 (Print Post)
The best, user friendly gel system??
Ok fellow techies--i need help! The owner of the Spa i work in wants to start offering gels. She is asking me for my opinion. I got my masters/certs in Brisa about 8-9 years ago but never "mastered" the product, in my opnion. I stopped using it because i got discouraged and felt it just wasnt durable enough, and hard to work with. A friend of mine used to use Star Kalcium Kapping gel and had clients lined out the door. Im pretty sure most of her clients were overlays.
Ive found several new systems by Star, like thier new "eco" systems and acrygel looked interesting. I need a product thats user friendly and easy to work with and will hold up. For new sets-i need to know whats the most durable way--sculpting a set of gels with forms, or overlaying tips? Tips and brisa did not hold up well for me in the past, but it could have been i was trying to make the nails too long, and the gel would always crack. Any suggestions for me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2012, 09:55 AM
 (Print Post)
RE: The best, user friendly gel system??
ALL gels will work just fine. If you had a problem with Brisa, then it was mostly likely an application issue. You said that that Brisa was cracking and that you made the nails too long. You can tell what the problem is by where the gel cracks. If it's at the stress area, the nail wasn't structured properly. You have to build the apex in the right place and add strength at the weakest point of the long nail to make sure it holds up.

If it were me, I'd look for what ever co. has a rep in your area. I've found that getting the help trouble shooting your problems can make or break a person trying to learn to use a particular product.....

Also, you might try a one step gel, instead of one that requires 2 or 3 different gels. A one step can speed up the process just a bit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
 (Print Post)
I recommend Entity One Gel. It's technology is different than other gels. Entity uses nanotechnology inside the nail enhancement. That's simply a big word for saying we use the smallest measurement of molecular structure to provide the tightest network. This means your gel enhancements will be stronger than other gels.
I live in Alabama and with our humidity, we often had trouble trusting a gel product to hold up. We've had nothing but success using Entity One Gel.
Donna mentioned using a one step gel. Ours is one gel, it comes in 5 colors. No need to use builder gels, top gels, base gels, etc. It's just one. Use it to sculpt and overlay. Entity recommends only using clear tips or clear forms when creating an extension edge. Cure each layer a full 2 minutes (3 min for white.) Never apply a coat of gel, flash cure, and apply another layer. This leads to an incorrect cure, service breakdown, and possible over-exposure.
You can visit our website and view a DVD on the gel application. This month, our gel kits are 15% off.
If you have any questions, email me directly.
Tina Ciesla
Entity Artist
http://www.Entitybeauty.com

Some girls are born with glitter in their veins!
02-01-2012, 12:54 PM
 (Print Post)
Smile I love Gelousy. can use as nail enhancement, self leveling, turn hand over for gravity to help build arch and glass like finish, PR is lacking (they could be like young nails and do better) but their product is great and if u want you can mix and match colors for endless possiable choices. can color whole nail or just tips( I add more glitter to their rock star collection tho) no lifting problems IF YOU PREP THE NAIL RIGHT. i say that becuz no one around here does good cuticle care and thats the canvas for your art! I also like there swipe, its 3 in one, nail polish remover, swipe, and dehydrator. All in one! And they have a great light. Just ask me tho and I will send you info on where to buy 1/2 off. Good luck
Lisa
lisa@lightkatchurs.com
Big Grin
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-01-2012 12:54 PM)Nail Addict Wrote:  Smile I love Gelousy. can use as nail enhancement, self leveling, turn hand over for gravity to help build arch and glass like finish, PR is lacking (they could be like young nails and do better) but their product is great and if u want you can mix and match colors for endless possiable choices. can color whole nail or just tips( I add more glitter to their rock star collection tho) no lifting problems IF YOU PREP THE NAIL RIGHT. i say that becuz no one around here does good cuticle care and thats the canvas for your art! I also like there swipe, its 3 in one, nail polish remover, swipe, and dehydrator. All in one! And they have a great light. Just ask me tho and I will send you info on where to buy 1/2 off. Good luck
Lisa
lisa@lightkatchurs.com
Big Grin

I love Gelousy as well, and totally agree about the lacking PR. I'm sending you an email now!
02-01-2012, 03:30 PM
 (Print Post)
(02-01-2012 09:15 AM)NailsToYouFL Wrote:  Ok fellow techies--i need help! The owner of the Spa i work in wants to start offering gels. She is asking me for my opinion. I got my masters/certs in Brisa about 8-9 years ago but never "mastered" the product, in my opnion. I stopped using it because i got discouraged and felt it just wasnt durable enough, and hard to work with. A friend of mine used to use Star Kalcium Kapping gel and had clients lined out the door. Im pretty sure most of her clients were overlays.
Ive found several new systems by Star, like thier new "eco" systems and acrygel looked interesting. I need a product thats user friendly and easy to work with and will hold up. For new sets-i need to know whats the most durable way--sculpting a set of gels with forms, or overlaying tips? Tips and brisa did not hold up well for me in the past, but it could have been i was trying to make the nails too long, and the gel would always crack. Any suggestions for me?

I'd be happy to send you a sample of our Balance UV Gel System. If you are interested, please contact me at Jessie@nsinails.com

http://www.nsinails.com/products/cat/bal...ystem.html

Jessie Burkhardt
Director of Marketing & Communications
NSI - Advanced Products. Professionally Preferred.
http://www.nsinails.com
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IBX System wytchyone 23 8,083 08-23-2014 11:24 AM
Last Post: tsita78
  Erica vac system Blondie 1 508 06-13-2014 12:03 PM
Last Post: GetNailed
  POS system...what do you use? Anna from Toronto 12 3,662 04-15-2014 11:15 AM
Last Post: artdesigninc
  Favorite User Friendly Forms stuka123 2 650 01-24-2014 01:04 AM
Last Post: lz43my
  I tried a new nail system today Meg777 26 5,790 11-18-2013 02:53 PM
Last Post: BeautyTech.com
  acrylic dip system ctonramk@aol.com 6 1,636 04-21-2013 03:49 PM
Last Post: Jill in Ky
  Win PediSpa System by Gena @ clickTHIS..winSTUFF.. BeautyTech.com 2 1,401 01-10-2013 12:56 PM
Last Post: BeautyTech.com
  E-Z Flow Nail System Wrist-Assist Robin 3 1,402 11-28-2012 03:02 PM
Last Post: lovethosetoes
  Looking for salon software/check out system Anna from Toronto 0 1,051 10-07-2012 11:15 AM
Last Post: Anna from Toronto
  Question POS System hoatondan 6 1,692 09-21-2012 09:04 PM
Last Post: spabella