You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crazy Client! -- Rant
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
 (Print Post)
Crazy Client! -- Rant
Has anyone ever had a client yell at them? I had the craziest thing happen to me today.

I did a gel fill and a new set of acrylic today on two friends. The girl that got acrylic I did some rock star nails in blue on her with reverse application. Then I did the other girl. I had done her nails for her birthday, she came back because she really liked her nails and have never had such little lifting before. So as I'm doing the gel fill, the other girl is saying "Wow these feel so natural! I have never been able to text on my phone after getting nails done!" They were both very happy with their nails so they paid and left. It was the end of my shift so I got my stuff together and left.

When I got home, my boss had called me. I called her back and she told me the acrylic girl had called back 20 minutes after I left. She had gone to a chop shop down the road and they said that I did a terrible job on her nails, that I ruined her nails. My boss told her to come back to the shop and she would fix them. The girl showed up with a different friend, showed my boss her nails, said I didn't file the side walls (I did) and that I didn't round the corners of her nails (I did) and that they were terrible and I was the worst nail tech she had ever seen. She yelled at my boss. told her she should fire me I am so terrible. All my boss could do was give her her money back and send her on her way.

My question is... for the hour and a half she was sitting and waiting for her friend to get her fill, why did she not say something to me about not liking her nails? Now granted I am not exceptional at acrylic, but I was proud of myself! I did a pretty decent job. So...WHAT THE HECK!? The customer is not always right.... Do you think these are TERRIBLE? Am I the worst nail tech in the WORLD????

[Image: IMG_0339.jpg]

-

Akzentz Gel Girl - Protige of the Wonderful and Talented Glenda of Akzentz

Newbie Nail Tech of 10 Months (1 Year Aesthetician) and wanting to learn it all! Smile

Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/nailbykyllie
Newbie Nail Tech Blog: http://www.nailsbykyllie.blogspot.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2012, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 12:16 AM by suestation.)
 (Print Post)
RE: Crazy Client! -- Rant
who knows maybe she forgot her meds that day..LOL

IMO from this pic they look pretty close to perfection..oh those edges don't look sharp & seem smooth..
WOW! yes, that is weird why did she not complain to you directly? What did your boss say about them? Did your boss think they looked bad or that u did a bad job?
Well, maybe u will see her friend again & find out WTH?

I'm sorry what a bummer end of a work day
oh PS as long as your boss thought she was a wacko (our salon term) u should not worry about it..some clients ARE just crazy & like to cause problems..sry again
02-02-2012, 12:30 AM
 (Print Post)
(02-02-2012 12:14 AM)suestation Wrote:  who knows maybe she forgot her meds that day..LOL

IMO from this pic they look pretty close to perfection..oh those edges don't look sharp & seem smooth..
WOW! yes, that is weird why did she not complain to you directly? What did your boss say about them? Did your boss think they looked bad or that u did a bad job?
Well, maybe u will see her friend again & find out WTH?

I'm sorry what a bummer end of a work day
oh PS as long as your boss thought she was a wacko (our salon term) u should not worry about it..some clients ARE just crazy & like to cause problems..sry again

My boss saw them when she came back to the shop to get them fixed and saw no problem with them. She thought they were well done so she said she couldn't fix them.

-

Newbie Nail Tech of 10 Months (1 Year Aesthetician) and wanting to learn it all! Smile

02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
 (Print Post)
REALLY!!! Your nail job looks very beautifulSmile I think she just wanted a free set of nails. It takes all kinds hon, too bad your boss gave her money back, as a salon owner I would have told her to pound salt!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
 (Print Post)
Yup, looks like she wanted a free set and that is what she got! Maybe in the future, offer free removal or repair for such wackos, but not money back!

Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
02-02-2012, 09:37 AM
 (Print Post)
Has anyone seen the episode of King Of Queens where Kari cant get anyone to do her nails b/c she was mean to one tech in the town. All the techs faxed her info around and the nails she had on to all the salons in Queens and she was refused service at every salon. Maybe start taking mug shots of clients for their client card info and when they pull something like that fire them and fax their face to all the salons lol. I bet she would be begging anyone to do her nails after that. Bahaha(evil laugh) sorry i dont have compassion for mean girls!

Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
02-02-2012, 09:47 AM
 (Print Post)
here's my take on the story, acrylic girl got green eyes over gel girl's nails and decided she wanted those instead. There's nothing wrong with the set of acrylic's you did on acrylic girl. I see no reason for ANY salon to say you ruined her nails, there's no visible evidence of that.

You and your boss need to get together on this kind of thing. She should have never gave her money back to her, # 1. Another thing, I'd be going to that 'other shop' and asking them if they actually SAID that. I'd be willing to bet they didn't, that it MIGHT have the been the idea of the other 'friend' to say that...? Also, I'd call gel girl and ask her what happened after they left. You should be able to do that if she's your friend, right? One last thing, acrylic girl is NOT your friend, PERIOD!
02-02-2012, 12:04 PM
 (Print Post)
Some people want something for nothing. I think they were trying to take you guys for a ride. Those nails are well done so if they look anything like that, the client is full of it. Why did she go to some other shop let alone a nss right after you? Why would they say they love them or even pay for them if they felt like you needed to file more? I don't think you should worry to much about it. Your boss did the right thing standing behind your work. You don't want clients like those as is. Sorry you have had to go through that.
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
 (Print Post)
Oh she's crazy! I wouldn't have gave her any money back because she left happy and then she goes to the crap salon down the street to check my work. I'm already mad thinking about it and this didn't even happen to me. Girl, don't let it get you down. You're work looks beautiful and I would gladly have you do my nails.

Martine M.
SUNFLOWER
02-02-2012, 02:04 PM
 (Print Post)
People suck..bottom line! I expect shit daily and then i am pleasantly surprised when i dont get it. Those look great to me! Your boss stood up for you but I agree with the other lady who said, remove or repair....no $$$$ back cuz thats going on a lot! Dont you just hate mean people!
Lisa
02-02-2012, 03:31 PM
 (Print Post)
Those nails are beautiful!.

I agree with CC.

I hope you can talk to your boss and make a sign offering other services in return, but no money back.
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
 (Print Post)
With friends like that you do not need enemies. The only mistake made was giving the client her money back!
02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
 (Print Post)
Those nails look great! Before I give anyone any money back, I soak their nails off. They are not gonna wear my work out of my salon and say it's crappy! And especially not for FREE!!!!!!

Always be kind....you get farther.
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
 (Print Post)
I love those nails. They are beautiful!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kellies-na...4068300346
02-02-2012, 07:11 PM
 (Print Post)
Thanks everyone for the support, this occurence really hit my selfesteem. Just to calrify, these clients weren't my friends. Their were friends with eachother though...

-

02-02-2012, 09:40 PM
 (Print Post)
In this biz you have to have a thick skin because you get all kinds. And honestly there are clients out there who can never be happy with the work someone does on them no matter how well it is done.

I think you do a good job and you can see that for yourself in your photos. Because honestly the photos will pick up more flaws than you will normally see with the naked eye.
02-03-2012, 06:06 PM
 (Print Post)
First let me say that those nails are very pretty. Second is she spying for McNails? What moron would get her nails done by a trained professional and then go to McNails who aren't trained (except by each other) and ask for their opinion? Really what planet is she from? I'm sick of these women thinking they know sooooooooo much more then we do. Don't you worry about anything you are doing just fine.
02-08-2012, 09:25 PM
 (Print Post)
The other shop said the nails were horrible because they want her as a client. That chick was whacked, her nails looked great!. There are people out there who have figured out if they throw a big enough fit and make a scene that they will get whatever they want. She wanted a free set.
02-08-2012, 09:58 PM
 (Print Post)
Those nails are beautiful, clearly better than anything I've seen come out of a chop shop. I have never had a client yell at me, but I did have a client who told my instructors that I made her nails look like they were filthy and had dirt under them. And they totally did look like that, lol. Just awful. I swear to you, the only clients who ever ask for a polished french tip are the hardcore nail biters. Does this happen to anyone else? This lady had long nail beds and a full centimeter fingertip flesh before her nail began. You know, the kind where the end of the finger is higher than the nail plate. I told her it wouldn't look right to paint a free edge when there is obviously no free edge and suggested a natural-looking sheer pink. French tips on nail biters doesn't make any sense, like airbrushing abs on a beer belly, no one buys it. She insisted, saying it was what she liked. Then she pulled out a black nail art pen. Really? Really?? So I did my best to push the flesh aside to get to the 'edge'. Clean-up work was a nightmare because the pen stained the skin. When I finished, she said she wasn't sure she liked it and pulled out her own bottle of ugly flat brown polish. Luckily, her daughter saved me, saying she got exactly what she asked for. Definitely my ugliest work yet. I still can't believe she complained to my instructors that the black looked like dirt when she specifically brought the black pen to be used for a french tip. I think from now on, the biters will just have to grow their nails out if they want a polished french tip.
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long rant... monster children in salon, thoughtless parents wendynailart 6 403 07-23-2014 01:48 AM
Last Post: wendynailart
  Rant on DeEnterprises Angelic SOG you'vegotnail! 4 742 10-07-2013 10:58 AM
Last Post: you'vegotnail!
  *UPDATED* This might be crazy, but... CandiceAE 13 2,396 03-06-2013 11:31 PM
Last Post: JulieM
  Apologizing for this rant.... Sherrie90630 6 1,848 07-05-2012 01:17 PM
Last Post: TrinaLuna
  Going Crazy *injured* sobeit 29 6,323 03-23-2012 10:38 AM
Last Post: sobeit
  Little rant... lexibunny 9 2,260 03-19-2012 07:29 PM
Last Post: lexibunny
  Fired a client- rant ColleenNY 10 3,306 01-27-2012 11:32 PM
Last Post: Gr8Nailz
  Just a rant.... nailpro92 9 2,604 01-26-2012 08:24 PM
Last Post: Lunacita
  Rant: do you ever feel really under appreciated? CloudNineNails 5 1,565 10-05-2011 02:13 PM
Last Post: kkgunn
  Just a rant... KaiylaHilton 2 988 10-04-2011 10:20 PM
Last Post: Guest