You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doe anyone use the Valentino Beauty Pure???
Thank you Cindee! Big Grin
Your welcomeSmile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
Whats the difference between single vision,verifocal and bifocal? can anyone explain whats the difference between whem??and if i'm shortsighted does it mean that i'll need single vision glasses?
Single vision lenses are just that...they correct one issue. For instance, if you are nearsighted and can't see far away, single vision correction will make it so you can see far away. Bifocal lenses are where there are 2 corrections in the same lens. For instance, in my case, I have stigmatism, and the main lens corrects that (I can't explain what that is...sorry). But I am older and also have presbyopia, which almost everyone gets between ages 40 and 50...meaning you lose the ability to focus up close, as in reading or doing nails. A bifocal is a correction for this, and is usually in the bottom part of the lens, so you get the correction when you look down. My bifocals allow me to focus at approximately 9-12 inches from my face. The Valentino brings my work area too close to my glasses, forcing me to back my head away from my work surface, straining my neck muscles, in order to focus.

I am not familiar with the term verifocal, so I can't help you with that. I apologize if my explanation is confusing...vision isn't my forte! :-)
Debbie in VA
I think it's an atrocious price for a noisy piece of metal sitting on top of my work station between me and my client. I thought for that price it had to have some powerful suction and work like a charm. Not.
I also figured for such an investment they would certainly want customer satisfaction. I too did not read the return policy and lack of guarantee. I do not reccomend The Valentino Pure. In fact..if anyone would like one half price...contact me.
(09-05-2015, 11:15 AM)Morningfox13 Wrote: I think it's an atrocious price for a noisy piece of metal sitting on top of my work station between me and my client. I thought for that price it had to have some powerful suction and work like a charm. Not.
I also figured for such an investment they would certainly want customer satisfaction. I too did not read the return policy and lack of guarantee. I do not reccomend The Valentino Pure. In fact..if anyone would like one half price...contact me.

(09-05-2015, 11:15 AM)Morningfox13 Wrote: I think it's an atrocious price for a noisy piece of metal sitting on top of my work station between me and my client. I thought for that price it had to have some powerful suction and work like a charm. Not.

I would like to buy it email me at [email protected]

I agree in that it's an outrageous price for something that doesn't work like it should. I'm going to buy a 1-gallon shop vac, put it in the cupboard below and left of my desk and have my hubby cut a hole on my desk top just the size of the hose and use that when I file. Someone did that on Youtube and if I can make it aesthetically better, I will. I might even have him cut a square in the desk and set a filter there similar to the Valentino with the hose hidden underneath. When I'm not filing, I will just cover it up with my nail mat. I would think this can all be done for about $30. Beats $400!   Idea
(02-14-2017, 01:22 PM)fixit205 Wrote:

I agree in that it's an outrageous price for something that doesn't work like it should. I'm going to buy a 1-gallon shop vac, put it in the cupboard below and left of my desk and have my hubby cut a hole on my desk top just the size of the hose and use that when I file. Someone did that on Youtube and if I can make it aesthetically better, I will. I might even have him cut a square in the desk and set a filter there similar to the Valentino with the hose hidden underneath. When I'm not filing, I will just cover it up with my nail mat. I would think this can all be done for about $30. Beats $400!   Idea

I do this but run the hose on the table and it works pretty well. The only problem is the noise! It's so very loud. I'm in the process of building a box for the shop vac with soundproofing but leaving enough air flow through vents in the side of the box.

Any suggestions??
(02-17-2017, 01:52 PM)SoonerGirlNails Wrote:

I do this but run the hose on the table and it works pretty well.  The only problem is the noise!  It's so very loud.  I'm in the process of building a box for the shop vac with soundproofing but leaving enough air flow through vents in the side of the box.

Any suggestions??

Yes, building a box around it is a good suggestion. Even though mine will be in a cupboard, we too will be putting a box around it but allowing enough room to vent also. We bought the vac yesterday and hooked it up, but we still have to drill the hole in the desktop and find a box. That's our weekend project. The suction is awesome though, so it should work great. Is there anyway you can put it further away from you and use an extension cord? If you use a strip extension cord you can use that to turn it off and on instead of walking over to the vac. Those little square footstools (Amazon) with lids would work great too. Just put the vac in that, drill a hole in the bottom or side and feed the cord through. I guess it depends on what size vac you get. There is a great looking one online, a Honeywell 1.5 gal. 4.5 peak hp for around $65 but I wasn't patient enough to wait. Let me know if I can be of any further help!
(02-17-2017, 04:01 PM)fixit205 Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:52 PM)SoonerGirlNails Wrote:

I do this but run the hose on the table and it works pretty well.  The only problem is the noise!  It's so very loud.  I'm in the process of building a box for the shop vac with soundproofing but leaving enough air flow through vents in the side of the box.

Any suggestions??

Yes, building a box around it is a good suggestion. Even though mine will be in a cupboard, we too will be putting a box around it but allowing enough room to vent also. We bought the vac yesterday and hooked it up, but we still have to drill the hole in the desktop and find a box. That's our weekend project. The suction is awesome though, so it should work great. Is there anyway you can put it further away from you and use an extension cord? If you use a strip extension cord you can use that to turn it off and on instead of walking over to the vac. Those little square footstools (Amazon) with lids would work great too. Just put the vac in that, drill a hole in the bottom or side and feed the cord through. I guess it depends on what size vac you get. There is a great looking one online, a Honeywell 1.5 gal. 4.5 peak hp for around $65 but I wasn't patient enough to wait. Let me know if I can be of any further help!

Thanks so much for the suggestions!  I bought a Hoover backpack vac on sale and it has AMAZING suction.  It is quieter than the other one I had, but still pretty loud.  I will be using a cardboard box at first until I see if it works, then build the actual wooden box (my brother is pretty handy!) I'm going to IKEA this weekend to pick out a new table for my nail table, and I will see if they have anything suitable while I'm there.

Beth

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,385
10-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Last Postjennie
Replies: 0
Views: 1,201