You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bat, Tree, and scene Tutorial ready. Short nail friendly
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
 (Print Post)
Bat, Tree, and scene Tutorial ready. Short nail friendly
Quote:IF you guys/gals are creating these pieces and putting them on Facebook I would appreciate a mention using my facebook page in the www link below. I took a long time to make sure these were usable and I like to see what you have come up with using my original work. Sincerely Peggy
The new tutorials are all still using nail polish and paint pens. You can use brushes, acrylic paint, color gel. Its up to you. Enjoy!

Here is a burton style bat, very simple and elegant ( I think )
steps
1. On a light color so you can see the bat, make two small ear lines
2. attach an elongated triangle to those ears, making the top line extend past each ear some. ( this is your body, please experiment with the length and shape, its very interesting how they turn out.)
3. Off the extended line near the ears bring that out into a curled curve.
4. Bring your side wing shape off the curl in the other direction keeping it at a slant.
5. Create your M shape. ( again experiment with the shapes )
6. Fill in the wings how ever you like, ( you can use shapes, swirls, or solid color) and give um little white of the eyes.

This is the spooky tree, and its only an example, each tree with be different and unique.I prefer light color so you can see what I am doing, this black silhouette style looks great on nude colors. But its still your art so pick your favorite colors to work with. Keep in mind you wont see black art on dark nails.
steps.
1. start the shape of the trunk, decide how big this tree will be.
2. extend the first 2 branches off the trunk. ( don't use straight lines )
3. Bring in the other large branches I used 2 but you can use more. Attach them to each other.
4. Create your full branch by bring small lines, and curls off each larger branch, thicken the larger branches at the base and keep the thin toward the ends. Again do not use straight lines. Make them curved and odd.
5. Fill in the trunk you can make it sold, put eye in it, add high-lite color if you like.
6. I filled my trunk in with the pen tip, keeping the lines very quick so I could keep my nail background color as the high-lite color in the bark.

This is the more detailed looking scene. However its still simple when broken down.
1.(remeber dark needs to be on light background) Outline a house shape, I like mine thin at the base and fat at the roof. You can have it very straight but I made a curved house.
2.Fill in the house leaving a window and a door. Or more if you like. And outline the ground shape. My house is on a small hill.
3. outline a path to the home and fill in around that path all of your ground shape.
4. add a nice large moon.
5.fill in the path with the light moon color, or a lighter shade that compliments the color of the sky. also use this color to fill the window and door opening.
Add your tree using the same method as the above tutorial.
6. I wanted a fence leading the way, for that just make the marks for the posts and a horizontal line between them to attach each fence post.
you can make a cemetery, or place a cat, pumpkin or ghost. Its all in your imagination.
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
 (Print Post)

You are so awesome!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kellies-na...4068300346
Find all posts by this user
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
 (Print Post)

I appreciate that. Big Grin you all are the awesome ones though with liking them and actually getting use out of them. It's more rewarding than anything else.
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
 (Print Post)

Wow I really love you're spooky tree. I love how all three are on short nails. I always find it tricky to do art on a short nail.
10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
 (Print Post)

Wow, thanks! I've taken pix of them straight off the computer on to my iPhone. Now, I have the entire set ready to copy tomorrow. The way you laid out each step per design is awesome. I especially love the haunted house!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
 (Print Post)

Have fun with um Donna! And thanks for the continued interest. Big Grin

Sleepyflower, I love doing nail art on short nails. Not something that gets showcased very often. I know more and more clients wear natural nails that are shorter in length and they should get to have a little fun to haha. Im glad you enjoy these.
10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
 (Print Post)

Ohhhh Peggy! these are amazing! Thank you for sharing this with us!
10-17-2011, 06:52 PM
 (Print Post)

Quote:JulieM :
> Ohhhh Peggy! these are amazing! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Big Grin
10-17-2011, 07:30 PM
 (Print Post)

fab as always!!! thanks for sharing

Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
10-17-2011, 07:34 PM
 (Print Post)

I think I'm going ton have to do that bat on someone, if not myself....or why not both? Big Grin
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
 (Print Post)

Quote:ColleenNY :
> I think I'm going ton have to do that bat on someone, if not myself....or why not both? Big Grin
Go go for it, I want to see. PS I got a sweet little card in the mail from you. Thanks Colleen.
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
 (Print Post)

Well that's cuz you're awesome! Big Grin
10-17-2011, 09:14 PM
 (Print Post)

Coolio...if I do these myself I'll of course credit you for the Original Idea.

So lovely!
10-17-2011, 10:07 PM
 (Print Post)

Quote:erindoesnails :
> Coolio...if I do these myself I'll of course credit you for the Original Idea.
>
>
> So lovely!
Your a crack up. And seriously, if you do do some, I wanna see pics.
10-18-2011, 09:04 AM
 (Print Post)

Sobeit, those are so fun. What are you charging for your nail art? Do you charge so much a nail no matter how much they put on it or different price for like the bat and the nail with the scene? Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful tutorials!
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
 (Print Post)

The art would start @ $5 for the bat or tree, and then the monsters from the other tutorials would be $10 the scene would start @ $10. All per nail. It's time consuming stuff. Big Grin
Thank you for the compliment.
10-18-2011, 12:33 PM
 (Print Post)

Again thanks for the tutorials! I love seeing this kind of work on short nails, to echo someone who posted previously, and your nails are as short as any I would work on so it's definitely doable!

Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
10-26-2011, 07:55 PM
 (Print Post)

Thank you Peggy so much for posting all these tutorials for halloween... I cant wait to try the bat, tree and haunted house.. I have done the others and everyone loves them.. I am sure hoping you will do something for each holiday, with thanksgiving and christmas coming up.. It sure helps me with your tuturials.. love love love them !!! Big Grin
10-26-2011, 08:26 PM
 (Print Post)

Very sweet of you, I am working on some now Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spider Tutorial as requested. *monster tutorial added!* sobeit 11 5,544 10-08-2011 11:49 AM
Last Post: sobeit
  + + + TUTORIAL - UV-Gel Roses + + + laDiva 11 8,034 04-30-2011 07:39 PM
Last Post: jb100680
  Blue glass Edge nails ***Tutorial*** (pics) NataliaNY 9 11,152 02-21-2010 11:36 PM
Last Post: LucyPink03
  The "Edge" Tutorial enhanced 6 9,782 12-22-2008 07:10 AM
Last Post: scratchmyback
  Korame Gels [PICS!] Gradient and 3D Gel tutorial. BeRrYGuRl 10 12,099 12-21-2008 04:06 AM
Last Post: HeatherNicole
  Sandy's Baroque (yellow nail) tutorial per G's request ;) Sandy Combs 10 11,896 12-20-2008 01:27 AM
Last Post: Sandy Combs
  3D acrylic Poinsettia flower picture tutorial ~ Nfu.Oh Gina Silvestro 30 24,640 12-11-2008 11:12 PM
Last Post: AMYoung
  3 D SANTA TUTORIAL ATWISTOFFRENCH 14 11,214 12-09-2008 02:49 PM
Last Post: ATWISTOFFRENCH
  For those that wanted to know how to do my Christmas tree cat2004777 9 10,193 11-26-2008 09:20 PM
Last Post: Nailcat
  BACKFILL Halloween canes lil TUTORIAL ATWISTOFFRENCH 4 8,606 09-20-2008 07:51 AM
Last Post: Kristina